Sunday 14 July 2013

Film Style - Long Hot Summer

I watched The Long Hot Summer a few weeks ago and fell in love with the way Joanne dresses!
And I thought it was appropriate this balmy hot summer eve to share these screen shots I took.




I love this black dress SO much, its just the most beautiful shape, I love the neckline, the way its tight around the waist and the length is just perfect. I don't have a LBD in my wardrobe and think I may have to fix that!



 This dress is lovely too, a nice button down cotton dress, with a cute belt to clinch it in, I need to make myself a few variations of this in some cute prints for summer I think.



And just for us ladies, old blue eyes, swoon!!



Another cute cotton dress with a belt, this time with an interesting take on the sailor collar.


And finally what might be considered a shapeless blouse is made pretty by a belt and some lace gloves.

I really liked this film and it has given me some ideas for some sewing I would love to do.I am working pretty hard for the next month teaching at a summer school but cant wait to make some things when I am done!

I hope you all had a simply fab weekend in the sun!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment