Monday 30 September 2013

Knitspiration


I have for the last few weeks been teaching a knitting class for a college called The Institute.
It sounds a bit like a place for cuckoo people, but actually is a lovely college that run fun and creative courses.
As I have been planning the course one of the best things is that I have been gathering inspiration from all over the place for my own knitting projects!!
Here are a couple of the things inspiring me this season:



Bobble hats
The humble hat is a awesome beginners project, especially if you want to have a go at knitting on circular needles. I also like to have a few small projects on the go so that when I get bored or frustrated with the jumper I am making which is taking me 50 years, I can just hop over and finish a nice hat. 




Cabled Jumpers
I LOVE cables. Always have, they really do everything for me. Especially in thick wool, cosy:) But I especially love how they don't always have to be the traditional jumper that your nan knits you. Add some Ombre effect, colour blocking or take it a bit off kilter and you have something new and fresh for the cable.




Texture
Some of the projects I see on my travels across the internet I just want to touch. Texture is inspiring, whether created by stitches or even the right combination of colours.

So what's inspiring you guys?
Have you started some A/W projects yet?


All pictures from my Knitspiration Pinterest Board.


No comments:

Post a Comment