Thursday 26 July 2012

Embroidered Art

Hello lovely people:) How are you all, hope you are having a splendid week:) The sun has finally come out here and I am enjoying it as much as I can before no doubt it disappears again! I just wanted to share with you some beautiful mixed media:






Both of these awesome artists manage to mix art and craft in such a beautiful way, it blows my mind a little bit to think of the possibility's:)I would really like to try something like this in the next month or so, as its too hot to knit I am searching for a summer alternative and I think embroidery might be the very thing!
Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. these are gorgeous! There's another artist called Maurizio Anzeri who creates similar pieces that I saw at the Baltic a little while back. I posted on him here if you're interested http://www.raspberrykitsch.com/2011/07/maurizio-anzeri.html

    and yes embroidery is really easy and something you can just pick up when you get a second! Plus I always think that sewing is a brilliant skill to have



    raspberrykitsch.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete